Sunday, September 11, 2005

Where do fruit flies come from?

I had a bit of a rotten fruit in my fridge that I kind of forgot about, and so accordingly I got a case of fruit flies.
But what I want to know is... WHERE DO THEY COME FROM? Really. Like what are the odds that one single fruit fly came into my apartment, got into the fridge, wiggled into the crisper and laid some eggs? How minute of odds is that? Is there some great cosmic program that sets this up?

10 If (Fruit = Rotten) Then spawn (Fruitflies)(50);
END

Or do they simply just pop up in fruit. Like once fruit becomes rotten it automatically breeds fruit flies. So here is my idea: Get an apple, put it in an air tight container. Let it rot for a few weeks and then see if there are fruit flies in it. If there are, then we know that they just magically grow out of fruit, and if there are not, then we know they just smell fruit and wiggle into peoples' crispers.

Whoo! Computer almost just crashed! Luckily I stopped it, thus not losing this post.

Anyhow, thats all for today. Maybe I'll go look up info on fruit flies and write a nice entry on them.

Ta~ta!

1 Comments:

Blogger elizabeth said...

never knew you had such a scientific mind. i would consider the experient except fruit seems to be super expensive here.

1:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home