Monday, February 20, 2006

I went to the bank

I went to the bank to deposit a check. The check was in Mel's name, but we got a joint accound with TD so I figured I could deposit it, since Mel had an uber-unky tummy at the time.
Sure enough it was fine and dandy like unto sour candy for me to deposit this check. It was, however, in American funds and the lady at the counter had to take a few minutes to work out all of the official crap she had to do with it. I had no problem with that. It had to be done, and I knew there was no way around it. It took maybe three minutes for her to sort it all out. No big deal.
But she kept appologizing the WHOLE time. "I'm sorry this is taking so long..." and whatnots. It actually got kind of annoying, until I realized that she was scared. She was scared that since this was taking a bit of time I might fly off the handel and start making a scene. You know, you've seen those kinds of people in line ups. The whole world is against them and every little incovienience they come across they dump upon the poor person behind the counter, Like it's their fault. And this happens to much that this poor lady is basically pleading with me not to get mad at her.
Isn't that sad? What kind of world is this where people behind counters have to be affraid of their costomers? Can't we all just have a little patience and understanding?
No, of course not.

1 Comments:

Blogger Trevour said...

Haha, I just read this post of yours and I couldn't agree more. I've had my share of retail jobs in the past, and even with my current job, you gotta watch out for that particular breed of people (the inconvenienced hotheads, I mean).

9:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home